Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Scrapping BFF's | January 2009 and May 2010

If anyone is to get credit for my start in digital scrapbooking, it's Sarah. Yep, this addiction is ALL her fault! And for that, among about a million other resons, I love her like crazy.

On Sunday night we were both online,and contemplating another speed scrap, where a bunch of people chat online, somebody provides instructions for building a layout, and you use them to create a page. So, there we were, both at our computers about 1500 miles part, and chatting together about whether or not to scrap, based on the first of the instructions: "Today I want to learn something about you, so that's what I want your SS page to be about...YOU. Take some time now to pick what you want to focus on about yourself & get some journaling written."

So I had the brilliant idea that instead of scrapping about ourselves, we should each scrap a page about each other, and we should use the same photo. Sarah immediately agreed, and we started building our pages. We kept all the details secret from each other until we posted our final layouts to reveal what we'd created. What's really fun about this is that while our pages turned out very differently, many of our sentiments were the same. For both of us, it was the journaling that took the longest to get "just right."

I think this was the most fun I've ever had doing a speed scrap. A few hours of online time with my BFF, sharing a hobby we love, and celebrating ALL the wonderful things that make our friendship a mutual blessing!

MY PAGE


August 2010

Journaling reads:
You are my best friend, my BFF, the first person I call in gladness or tears. We talk about our hopes, our joys, our fears & our faith. In the next breath, it’s great sales, cute shoes & Queen of Scrap. You are my encourager & shoulder to cry on. You always listen & thoughtfully respond, affirming good decisions, & gently pointing me in the right direction when I’ve lost focus. You love me just as I am, yet always spur me on to be better. BFF, I am so VERY thankful God blessed my life with you. You make me a better person, & most importantly YOU MAKE ME SMILE.

SARAH'S PAGE


Journaling reads:
A friendship like this doesn’t come along every day. I always knew we had something special, but as each year passes I’m more and more grateful for the blessing of you in my life. We’ve shared a college apartment, a Disneyland vacation, and all those Thursday nights watching Friends and ER. We’ve lived in the very same room and on opposite sides of the country. We’ve danced our hearts out at the Bresa del Rio and at the weddings of so many we love. You’re the first one I call when I have a few spare minutes in the car to chat, the first one I email when I’m thinking of buying an outfit or pair of shoes and need a second opinion, and the first one I turn to when I need a listening ear to talk out life’s curveballs. Life has changed so much since we met thirteen years ago, and neither of us has ended up exactly where we expected. But through the highs and the lows, the boyfriends and breakups, the changes in clothing sizes and family sizes and the rest of life’s little surprises, one thing still holds true: this amazing, one-of-a-kind sisterhood of ours. Rooted in faith, bound in love, and thanks to unlimited talk time on our cell phones. You are one wonderful woman, Rebecca, and I’m so very, very thankful to call you my friend.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly sisters in almost every way! It is so unusual to be blessed with such a strong wonderful friendship. Truly a gift from God!

    ReplyDelete